Monday, September 26, 2011

Things I've Been Missin'

Here are just a few of the things I have been missin' since living in the humongous state of Texas...

Our house. I say house because a home is where your loved one(s) are and mine is here with me, but I miss the house we had in GA. I miss the space, the backyard, the garage, the space, and the space.
Zaxby's. While there is one a little north of us here, I miss the one that was less than a mile from our house in GA. People 'round here just don't know how awesome Zaxby's is.
Publix. Besides Central Market, the grocery stores around here just aren't up to par. Publix is by far my favorite grocery store...that may or may not have anything to do with their delicious chicken finger sub... :P
This woman. She rocks in every way. Even though the plan is for her to join us one day here, in the mean time I miss having her over for dinner, garage sailing with her, going to TJ Maxx, and just being around her.
While this is just a small portion of them, I miss these ladies. I miss our church friends and the relationships we had made. I miss being around the friends that lift you up and pray for you. I know we will find that again here, but the friends that we had (still have) in GA are some of the best and I am forever grateful to have met them all. Now you all better get your butts to Texas and visit us! That's an order :)


Like I said, those are just a few of the things I have been missing. Even though I am sad when I think of them (not talking about Zaxby's here), I smile when I think of all the good times and the happiness and love they bring me.

I truly LOVE living in Texas. I love how happy my husband is to be back in this state (still trying to figure out what all the hype is about though) and how big of an opportunity he has in his new position at work. I love how close we have become since moving here and how we have had to depend on one another through all of the change. I love seeing all the cowboy boots and cowboy hats. I love the accents and the delicious, Mexican food. I love that we are so close to everything. I love that the streets are straight so I can actually get around without needing a map. (I still was using one after 15 years of living in GA). I love that for a friend's birthday we go to a country western bar to dance to country music. I love that I have family within a few hours almost every direction.
There are so many things I love about it here. I am truly, truly blessed.

Psalm 100:4
Enter His gates with thanksgiving
and His courts with praise;
give thanks to Him and praise His name.

1 comment:

  1. Aww.... we miss you guys too!! Jon and I talk often about how much we miss you both! We are really gonna try to come to Dallas sometime during my spring break, April 2nd-6th.....Love you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...