Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Fabric Monogram

Happy Wednesday! I am excited to share this craft with you!
When the husband and I got married, we got tons and tons of monogrammed things. I love monograms, but I think we were set to never forget the first initial of our last name :)
I have put away some of the "T" things we received (which we were oh-so grateful for), but I still kept a few around.

This "T" was in our bedroom and we used to have a black, red, and gold bedroom/master bath. I have steered away from red in our new place (actually, we don't have any red really besides a few things I am planning on spray painting left) and I had this "T" that I wanted to change up a bit.
I debated spray painting it, but wanted to use things I had on hand.

I have lots of random fabric pieces from pillows I've made, aprons I sewed, and other random projects so I decided to cover the metal "T" with some fabric. Our new master bedroom is kind of a green, grey, yellow, and black theme. (I haven't done that much since this condo is just temporary, but that's the color scheme I plan on using in our next home).

So I started with this:
And with a glue gun and a few other things:
I made this:
I love it! I would have maybe preferred a softer green, but I was going with things I had on hand.
Remember the rosette tutorial I posted?

It took me about an hour and was a little trickier than originally planned due to some round edges. It's not perfect, but again...this is homemade, folks!

This was basically the whole process:

Just hot glue the fabric to the back of the "T" and make it as tight and secure as you can.

I just love the rosette on the side :)
Now I just need to find a place to hang it!

What kind of things in your home can you re-create to something new?


I linked up to
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...