Monday, September 5, 2011

Always Be Kinder

I have been planning to do a craft on this long, Labor Day Weekend and I couldn't have planned it any better. Dallas finally got below 100 degrees (in the 80's even) and so it was a joy to be outside spray painting. I have seen so many great ideas on blogs and now Pinterest and so I collaborated a few of the ideas I have seen to make this picture.

For this, I needed:
Spray paint, scrapbook paper, a paint pen, and frame.

I had the frame already that I had bought at Goodwill back in GA to use as a chalkboard. I was never in love with how it turned out so I decided to save a few bucks and just re-purpose the frame.
(See how the chalk never really would erase all the way...)

Firstly, I headed outside to spray paint the frame.
I had bought two cans of spray paint, and ended up using the smaller can and didn't even use the whole thing. The frame only needed one coat!
Have a strong husband around to open these tricky spray paint cans...I am not equipped enough to open them...or maybe I just making my husband do it :)
While the frame was drying, I worked on the main part of the project.
I was so excited to find this scrapbook paper at Michael's that was actually fabric with adhesive backing. Winning! I didn't have to hot glue the scrapbook paper to the glass or anything.
Isn't the paper so cute?
So all I had to do was adhere the scrapbook paper to the glass and cut off what was in excess.

Then it was time paint the saying I wanted on the paper. I wanted to use my own hand-writing as opposed to stencils so I thought that paint pens would be my best bet.

I didn't get a picture of me writing it, but I probably should have tried a technique to get my words more centered, but hey, I'm going for homemade here so whatever.

I love how it turned out! And even my husband likes it :) I am sure he would have preferred it to say "Wreck 'Em Tech" or something, but maybe one day when we have a man room or something.
I think this is such a simple, yet true saying. I hung it next to our front door so it is the last thing we see when we head out each day. There are many times I have needed this saying in front of me!

This was so easy and took me no longer than 30 minutes.
What would you want yours to say?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...