Saturday, August 20, 2011

Beef Enchiladas

I have always, always loved beef enchiladas. I prefer them over chicken any day. Actually, I prefer beef over chicken most of the time.
I like my enchiladas simple. When looking at recipes, there are some enchilada recipes that have way too many ingredients in my opinion.
I made enchiladas a lot and make them different almost every time, but I always keep them simple.
Here is the recipe I made today. I usually like to cook with a recipe as a guide, but enchiladas are something that are hard to mess up so I just made it up as I went along.

Beef Enchiladas
Here is what you'll need:
-2 pounds ground beef (we had friends over so I made a little more than usual)
-1 can of enchilada sauce (El Paso brand is one that The Pioneer Woman recommends so of course I had to try it)
-1 can of diced green chilies
-1 can of sliced black olives
-1 can of re-fried beans
-cheese (I used a mixture of cheddar and monterrey jack)
-10 flour tortillas

Preheat oven to 350.
Ground the beef in a non-stick skillet. Drain.
Before assembling the tortillas, I put a little bit of the enchilada sauce in the bottom of the casserole dish so that the tortillas don't stick to the bottom.

Heat the tortillas in the microwave for a few seconds to get them a little warm (they roll easier that way). Spread the re-fried beans on the tortilla, add some of the beef, green chilies, and cheese.
Roll the filled tortilla up and place in the casserole dish. Fit as many as you can.
Then pour as much of the enchilada as you want on top of the rolled tortillas. Then add your cheese, any left-over beef you had, olives or any other toppings you prefer.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
The finished product:
These were a hit! I served them with yellow rice and home-made guacamole (recipe to follow).

This is an inexpensive and delicious meal that makes lots for left-overs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...