Monday, August 19, 2013

Nursery Pictures


I am SO excited to post these pictures of Nolan's nursery!
I have dreamt of this long before we even became pregnant and had all kinds of ideas about what kind of nursery I wanted to create.  I wanted something that was peaceful, simple, colorful, and just warm and cozy.  I love things that are modern, but I also love traditional items and so I kind of have a mix of different styles.  Example: really modern, mid century dressers and then a more classic, traditional crib.

The curtains were the final touch to the room! I am sure things will change a little bit once we have our showers and have all of the baby gear and obviously we need more baby books to fill up the bookshelf, but I couldn't wait to go ahead and share it with y'all! The hubbs helped me so much in here and he is pretty fond of the room too :)

This is the view from the bedroom door. Makes me so happy!
 Definitely need to fill those bookshelves! The red dog was given to me by my brother a long time as a birthday gift so it is definitely very special! Hard to see, but there is a Nolan Ryan bobble head on the shelf that Erik got at a Ranger's game...so fun!
 The hooks that the baseball gloves are on Erik made with his grandpa when he was a kid and it has Tarpley engraved on it.  One of the gloves was Erik's and one was my dad's as a child.  The teddy bear was Erik's when he was little and he was called "Buddy."
 How adorable is that fabric on the curtains??  My mom sewed the fabric on those curtains for me and she did a fabulous job! The deer skull was killed by Erik's mom ha.  I had it in our dining room, but thought I'd add it to the nursery...I loved it!
 My mom bought that sweet red dino and I love how it is corduroy.
 "You start a dance party in my heart"
 See I really only have two fox things in the nursery...this pillow and then a picture you'll see below.  Once I wash all of the baby blankets, I will roll them up in the basket.
 Erik also made this with his grandpa.  It's a box for a shoe shining kit, but I plan to get wooden blocks to fill it up with.

 Love these animal prints...see the fox :)
 Seriously in love with this mobile.
 I found that wooden frame on the side of the road on my walk in the neighborhood one day and thought it would be perfect with a giant "N"
 I am sure we will fill those Coke crates with lots of baby things

I love it and I find myself going in there multiple times throughout the day and just imagining our sweet boy in there enjoying it...I know he won't even care about the nursery for a while, but I wanted to create a space that was full of love!


Here is a list of where most of the items came from:
Grey glider: Target.com
White curtains: Ikea and then fabric bought separate from a local fabric store in Dallas
Ottoman/pouf: Target
Floating shelves: Lowes
Cube bookshelf: Ikea
Striped baskets in shelves: The Container Store
End table with three baskets: Ross
Chalkboard: World Market
Curtain Rod: Lowes
Dressers: Antique store
Lamp: Ikea
Red Dino: Local store in Atlanta, but it's by the brand Jellycat (I know they sell stuff at Anthropologie)
Print on dresser: Etsy
Crib: Amazon
Polkadot crib sheet: Skiphop
Gingham crib skirt: made by me with Ikea fabric
Coke crates: Big Lots
Rug: Ikea...it's actually two rugs that we made into one
Mobile: Etsy
Animal prints: The Animal Print Shop
Oversized letter: From JoAnn's online and then was spray painted
Basket on changing table: The Container Store
Changing pad cover: Etsy
Ombre basket for blankets: Target
Captain's mirror: Target

3 comments:

  1. I love everything about this nursery. Can you tell me the name of the paint colour?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...