Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pregnancy Questionnaire- 38 Weeks

Y'all! We are SO close to meeting our baby boy.  It's almost hard to believe as part of me feels like I have been pregnant forever while another part feels like we were just taking a test and jumping up and down when we saw the infamous pink lines.  It's a day I will never forget, that's for sure!
But can I be honest with y'all for a minute? These last couple of weeks have been taxing on me emotionally.  I am sure a lot of it is normal and just part of being a first time mom, but the devil has been trying his hardest to rain on my parade.  I have always dealt with anxiety at times in my life so it isn't a huge surprise to me that I have been feeling quite anxious lately.  And really it began in the beginning of this pregnancy.  It doesn't help that you hear and read so many sad stories of miscarriages, stillborns, babies being born with birth defects, etc. My mom told me it was so much easier to be pregnant back in her day because those things weren't discussed like they are now so you really weren't bombarded constantly with all the risks and things that can go wrong.  I think having a baby is such an immense blessing that I almost can't believe that I will have one of my very own! It's such a miracle and a gift from God that I feel so undeserving of.  But OBVIOUSLY, there is a growing baby inside of me and I have been blessed with a healthy pregnancy with the worst thing being heartburn so this baby boy is coming whether we are ready or not! I just can't even wrap my head around it all.  Our life is about to change in the very best way possible. Nolan Blaine, we are beyond ecstatic to meet you and kiss you from head to toe and just take care of you. Our home is ready for you sweet boy.


How far along: 38 weeks

Size of baby: Still the size of  a watermelon according to my What to Expect app and weighing in at 7 lbs also according to the app. 

Maternity clothes: Yes, although in this picture I am wearing regular pants with the Bella Band.

Stretch marks: Ugh, I had made it SO far without any stretch marks on my stomach...but, one did appear this week.  Just one and I hope it remains that way.  I know it's a silly thing to care about, but no one wishes for those!

Sleep: I have been sleeping a little better since it is cooler outside and much colder in our bedroom.  But, I still wake up with heartburn and to use the restroom, but I haven't found myself unable to fall back asleep so that's good.

Best moment this week:  Not baby related necessarily, but I finished up taking pictures for the year! It feels pretty good actually. This is usually my busiest time of year and I have had to turn people down left and right, but a baby is so worth it! Of course I will be taking a million pictures of Nolan once he is here!

Movement: Most definitely! Hopefully he is moving right on down!

Food cravings/aversions: This week food hasn't tasted as great and while I am hungry I just don't want to eat anything.  Well, besides chocolate.  There is always an appetite for chocolate.

Gender: IT'S A BOY!!!!! Nolan Blaine!

Labor signs: It's so hard to say.  Definitely some cramps and I guess Braxton Hicks and TONS of pressure, but nothing that I can time yet.  

Belly button - It's basically flat...so not an innie or outie :)

What I miss: I gotta be honest, I miss my regular clothes.  This Fall weather is making me want to wear all of my sweaters and boots, but of course none of them fit.  I guess I will be going shopping after this baby arrives :)

What I am looking forward to: Meeting this baby boy! He really could come at any moment which is completely exciting, overwhelming, and amazing! Can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...