Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Spinach and Mushroom Quesadillas

We are not eating meat this week in our house. Not because we are going to stop eating meat, but more so because I feel like our grocery bill has been crazy high each week so I thought we would try not buying meat and see if that helped.
It did to a certain extent, but my husband was with me at the store and he always adds some extra stuff :)

These quesadillas are a great dinner if you want something light, easy, and nutritional. My husband wasn't a huge fan of all the spinach, but I thought they were good and I didn't feel guilty enjoying one of my favorite foods.

Here is what you'll need:
-1 (10 ounce) package chopped spinach (I used Green Giant frozen spinach)
-2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
-2 tablespoons butter
-2 cloves garlic, sliced
-2 portobello mushroom caps, sliced
-4 (10 inch) flour tortillas
-1 tablespoon vegetable oil

Preparation:
1. Prepare spinach according to package directions. Drain and pat dry.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese on two of the tortillas. Place tortillas cheese side up on baking sheets, and bake 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
3. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in garlic and mushrooms, and cook about 5 minutes. Mix in spinach, and continue cooking 5 minutes. Place an equal amount of the mixture on top of the melted cheese. Place another tortilla on top.
4. Heat oil in a separate skillet over medium heat. Place quesadillas in the skillet one at a time, and cook 3 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges to serve.

I served it with light sour cream and chips and salsa.

I am not going to tell you these will blow you away, but I probably will add some more flavor to them next time. However, if you want a healthier choice, this is the one to go with.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...