Monday, April 16, 2012

Pallet Patio Table

Sigh....the weekend is over :(
At least I get to go to work and hangout with babies all day...could be much, much worse!

Did you know that my husband can be quite handy? Well, he can! He is certainly "wow-ing" me lately with his carpentry skills. It's in his blood, he just had to dig deep down and find it!

We knew when we moved to a house that we would need patio furniture, but as y'all know- it doesn't come cheap!

One day at our condo, my husband had gone to take the trash out and found two benches that someone had tossed. He carried them back to the condo as he knew I would love them and they would be great as patio furniture! Free is always best.

They needed some love and attention and we knew between him and me, we could make that happen.

I have seen all over Pinterest these tables made out of pallets and I became a huge fan!
I was on a walk a few weeks back with the babies I nanny and had seen some of these pallets on the side of the street and knew I was going to snatch those babies up after work. We needed two to make the table, and low and behold- I found two...for FREE! Woot!

I can't take any credit for how the table turned out as it was all my husband!


The pallets I had found weren't in the best condition ever, but since they were going to be painted and used outside we were okay with them being a little on the worn side.

I am SO happy with how it turned out!
You can't beat custom made furniture and of course free makes it even better!

The only thing we had to buy were some supplies...paint, screws, sand paper, etc.

I am going to buy some burlap and make a table runner I think as it will break up some of the black and will look great with that outdoor rug we got at Target.


What do you think? Do you like the non-traditional patio furniture? Or do you prefer the higher table with an umbrella look?

Thanks, hubbs!




1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT!! So cute! Way to go Erik and Lauren...so creative:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...