Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Favorite Things

As you all know, my husband and I are living in a condo for the time being. A very small condo. It is serving it's purpose, but I look forward to May when we can say goodbye condo and hello house. We probably won't be buying one then, but a rental home is sounding pretty groovy to me right now.
Even though the condo is small and not ours, I love having things in it that make it feel like ours.
I like having unique pieces that you may not find in anyone else's home.

These are a few of my favorite things we have in our condo home:

This beauty came from the side of the road. My friends in college and I would drive by it all the time and I would always comment about it and wanting it. So one day they surprised me with it! We aren't sure what is is exactly...an old sign, part of a gate, or what. But, I love it and have many other ideas for what I will do with it.

I love photography and plan on getting a collection of old, vintage cameras going. This is my first one that I got off of eBay and I love it. It is a cute photo prop too :)
This old window came from an antique store for $5 and I painted it gray. I made this wreath a year or two ago out of an book I had read and I get so many compliments on it.
This came from Goodwill in Atlanta and it was $4. I just love the color of it and the vintage look it brings to our modern condo.
This came from an estate sale a few years ago and I think it is an old cabinet door. I love the rustic look with contemporary plate with the quote, "Love Deeply." I am pretty sure it cost less than $20.As you can see, all of these pieces were less than $20 and came from second hand places. Home decor doesn't have to come from a chain store where everyone else can buy the same things. Next time you are looking for home decor, look at places besides Target (even though I LOVE that store), Hobby Lobby (also LOVE that store), or Rooms To Go.

I can only thing of a handful of things in our condo that were bought new and at full price.
Think outside of the box and find unique pieces next time you need something new for your home.

What are some of your favorite items in your home and where did you get them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...