Tuesday, August 23, 2011

London Broil

Like I said in my enchilada post, I love red meat...and so does my husband.
So about once a week we typically have one red meat meal. I would eat it everyday, but that probably wouldn't be good for the already junk in the trunk I carry around :)
London Broil is a good piece of meat that is inexpensive, but very flavorful if cooked the right way. A delicious marinade helps as well.

I have made this recipe before with flank steak, but I chose to use London Broil this time.
I served it with sauteed zucchini and squash. Delicious!

Here is what you'll need:

-1 clove garlic, minced
-1 teaspoon salt
-3 tablespoons soy sauce
-1 tablespoon ketchup
-1 tablespoon vegetable oil
-1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
-4 pounds London Broil

Mix all the ingredients together with a whisk in a bowl.
Score both sides of your steak with a knife in a diagonal shape.

Then spread the marinade on both sides of the steak with a brush.
Wrap the steak tightly in foil and marinate overnight. I actually marinated mine for 48 hours (not on purpose, I forgot I had a work dinner Monday night when I originally planned on cooking it). It still was delicious though.
After marinating it, set your broiler to the highest setting.
Place the London Broil on a broiler pan (or a makeshift one like I did) and broil on each side for 5-7 minutes depending on the thickness of the steak.
London Broil is best a little more on the rare side...at least in my opinion :)
Plus, it will cook some even after you take it out of the oven.
This picture below is before cooking it. (kind of hard to tell with the marinade on it)


Look how GOOD that looks! It tasted even better than it looks.
This was so so good and I highly recommend it to you.
This could definitely be cooked on the grill as well, but it is just too dadgum hot here in Texas for grillin'.

Make it and enjoy it!


Original recipe

1 comment:

  1. London Broil was always what I wanted my mom to make when I would come home from college. I'm gunna have to make this! yum yum.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...