Monday, May 6, 2013

How we got pregnant

Okay obviously I am not going to tell you how babies are made....if you don't know how, well, ask your parents...

I have had a lot of people ask me how the Tarpleys becoming pregnant came to be.  I think a lot of people have been wondering WHEN we would have a baby.  We have pretty much been dealing with that question since we got married and that was almost FIVE years ago.  I know that people mean well when they ask this, but it wasn't my most favorite question ever.  It's funny how people have such strong opinions about baby making and sometimes people feel they know more than you do when you should have one.  I am very glad to be done answering that question...that is until the first one is born and then we'll be asked "when are you having a second one?" Ha, it will never end :)  

Let's start from the beginning.  Anyone that knows me, knows that I would have had a baby immediately if I could.  I have always dreamt about being a mom and having a sweet little bundle to love and take care of.  I suppose that is a lot of the reason I love nannying so much.  
But, when I have a baby was not entirely up to me obviously.  It had to be at a time that Erik and I were BOTH ready (and of course when God would bless us with one).  

I knew the second I met Erik that he would be a great dad.  That was one huge thing on my "list" when I was dating.  They had to be a great dad.  It was really important to Erik that he and I have a few years under our belt of being married and it just be the two of us.  I'll admit, I would get frustrated with that- especially when everyone and their mom were having kids.  However, I am completely and 100% happy that we waited as long as we did.  (Which really isn't that long- I was 22 when we got married!)
Erik and I have had the normal ups and downs that there are in a marriage and we have learned a lot about one another.  

When we moved to Texas and Erik took a new position, I knew it wouldn't be too long until we'd have the conversation about planning (as much as you can plan) when we would like to start trying to have a baby.  

It was very important to me (and Erik) for me to be able to have some income while also being able to be home with our children.  Dallas has been a huge blessing for my photography business!  Once we knew things weren't going to be slowing down for me photography wise and once Erik was in a really good spot at work, we thought it would be a good time to start our family.
So starting the first of this year we decided to see what God had in store for us...and He definitely was in agreement with us that it was time! I was so thankful that our timing worked out with God's timing.  

We are beyond thankful for this little baby that is growing inside of me! It is so much fun thinking of all the planning and to have a husband beside you who is equally as excited and invested makes ALL the difference.  I now know why we waited the length that we did and couldn't imagine it any other way.

We are almost 14 weeks along and can't wait until we find out what we are having.  My doctor is making me wait til 20 weeks to find out (UGH), but this pregnancy has already flown by so before we know it we will know and the real planning will begin.
It's been hard for a type A personality like myself to wait a little bit to start buying stuff, but I have dreamt about a nursery since I can remember so I have a lot planned in my head already :)

Thursday I will be 14 weeks so be on the lookout out for a new bump pic...it's definitely starting to be more bump-like and less beer gut-like!

We appreciate and covet all of the prayers we have received and would love for the prayers to keep on coming!






2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your little one to be :) I remember being asked quite frequently when Jordan and I were going to have a baby... people love to ask, that is for sure. We too got married when we were 22 - in June we will hit nine years of marriage. You are so right, as soon as Julia was born, within one week, there were already others asking when we were going to have a second. You are doing fabulous; you will be a wonderful mommy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...