Monday, June 24, 2013

Pregnancy Questionnaire- 20 Weeks




(Not the greatest picture of me...I was so tired and my hair was crazy yesterday ha, but you get the point!)

How far along: 20 weeks and 4 days (3 days in photo)!!

Size of baby: The size of a banana according to my What to Expect app :)  Although the doctor did tell us at our 20 week anatomy scan that the baby is measuring a week ahead and has a big head...like Erik and I do ha. 

Maternity clothes: All maternity clothes for sure!

Stretch marks: No stretch marks on my belly...but, I may have a few in other places :-/

Sleep: Sleeping pretty good these days! I am trying not to sleep on my back as I know you aren't supposed to, but I do catch myself on my back sometimes and quickly turn on my side.

Best moment this week:  Finding out the gender....

Movement: A little bit here and there, but I learned at our anatomy scan that I have an anterior placenta so that explains why I haven't been feeling as much movement, but the doctor said I definitely will be feeling more and more really soon.

Food cravings/aversions: Still not huge into chicken and I also tried pork chops and couldn't even finish a bite of it.

Gender: IT'S A BOY!!!!! Read below for details on that!

Labor signs: None, but obviously WAY too soon for that business.

Belly button - in or out? Still in...

What I miss: I don't really miss anything.

What I am looking forward to: Going to register this weekend and continue planning the nursery :)

So we had our 20 week anatomy scan on Friday.  I was SO anxious about this appointment for some reason.  I had no reason to think anything was wrong, but I just am really good at thinking the worst unfortunately.  I was also crazy excited to find out the gender because I knew it would make this all so much more real.  

Well....

No mistaking that for a boy I don't think...and btw this is the ONLY picture you will ever see with our baby's boy parts showing FYI.
It didn't take long for him to show off his genitals for us to see what we are having!  It was such a fun and exciting moment and we couldn't be more excited.  Erik let out a huge, "YES!" with his arms raised up :) So fun! I can't wait to have a momma's boy...within reason of course.  I will do my best not to coddle him too much hehe.


As far as our baby boy's name, it's Nolan Blaine.
Nolan isn't after anyone (although I guess maybe Nolan Ryan since we are in Texas..), but Blaine is Erik's middle name and I just love it.

Here are a few of the other sono pics of our precious baby boy...




We love this baby boy so much already and we give all the glory to God for a so far healthy pregnancy and baby and we know that He will continue to protect us.  We simply can't wait to meet Nolan in a little over FOUR months :)

I will post some pictures soon of what I have going on in the nursery...a boy nursery is actually tons of fun!

Thank you for all the kind words we have and continue to receive.  It is a blessing to share this exciting time with so many wonderful people!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...